2. Fuente de los Berros

According to the plaque next to the fountain, it was built in 1829. It was restored in 1998; in 2016, the picnic area was added.

It has got a wall that protects the water supply system that channels the water from the spring. This wall opens into a structure called pilaster or parapet, from whose spout the water comes out. Thus, the water is poured into a large rectangular basin that feeds other smaller basins, which are arranged in a row and connected to each other, transferring the excess water from one to the other. The set of basins served to water the cattle.

The Los Berros spring is the source of the stream (named in the same way).

***

Los Berros area offers the possibility of taking different routes; the starting point is at the Archidona’s Fairground.